By the time you have read these instructions you will able to start to knit! At the Crafteratti we believe that everybody can create beautiful hand made things. We use our years of crafting and design expertise to find the best British components and create colours and patterns in house, that are easy and quick to make. Some of our techniques are quick versions of more traditional methods, simply because they work and are easy! You can find more comprehensive instructions in our STITCH SCHOOL online including videos and if there is anything else you would like to see added then please just email the team.
Once you have CAST ON the right number of stitches.. you can start to "work them"
The most common stitch is the KNIT STITCH and it is the start of everything!
- Ensure the cast on row is on your left needle, with the yarn held to the back.
- Put the right needle through the first stitch from its left hand side.
- Wrap the ball end of the yarn around the right needle anti clockwise
- Use the tip of the right needle to bring the yarn through from the back to the front
- “Knock Off” the stitch from the left needle leaving the new stitch on your right
- If its the first stitch of the row, pull it a little to ensure a good end row tension
- Knit stitches from the right side look like little scarf V’s