This is a tutorial with video and photos of how to create a PURL stitch with knitting Super Chunky Yarn.
The PURL stitch is the Ying to the Yang of the KNIT stitch.. it complements it perfectly and once you know this stitch you can start to create lots of different effects.
Once you have CAST ON the right number of stitches.. you can start to "work them"
- Ensure the cast on row is on your left needle, with the yarn held to the FRONT (the opposite of knitting).
- Put the right needle through the first stitch from its RIGHT hand side and with the needle at the FRONT of the stitch .. again the opposite of knitting
- Wrap the ball end of the yarn around the right needle anti clockwise
- Use the tip of the right needle to bring the yarn through from the front to the back
- “Knock Off” the stitch from the left needle leaving the new stitch on your right
- If its the first stitch of the row, pull it a little to ensure a good end row tension
- Purl stitches from the right side look like little nooses round the bottom of the stitch