I know, I know … I post things about what to make and crafty news – but I thought I would share with you a little bit of glitz that hit our hometown this weekend…
We love our home town of Arundel in the midst of the Sussex Downs … its a tiny town of 1000, yet is blessed with a beautiful Castle, Estate, Cathedral and National Park right on our doorstep, and aside from the weekend flow of tourists, not much goes on.
So on Fridays school run when we saw a big hullabaloo going on by the top Castle gate we had to have a nose!.. only to discover it was the ‘Press Junket’ over the weekend before the world premier tonight of Snow White and The Huntsman
In situ was Kirsten Stewart (cue teenage screaming girls), Charlize Theron, the dashing Chris Hemsworth (Thor – so my son was VERY impressed), and Sam Claflin… PLUS Kirstens beau Robert Pattison was celebrating his birthday this weekend so was also in town (cue even more screaming girls) and was staying in our local posh hotel Baliffscourt by the sea..
Hoping a little bit of the glamour will rub off on us all … but as of today normal service is resumed in our sleepy town, as the Hollywood Universal Studio machine has headed back up the A23 to the big smoke for the world premier tonight…
- PIC 1 – In Arundel Castle Duke of Norfolk Private Quarters with the Keep in the background for the official cast ‘photocall’
- PIC2 – Kirsten by the Chapel
- PIC3 – Snapped in the main hall
- PIC4 – Chatting to press near the Earl Collectors Garden
- PIC5 – Mr Pattison at Baliffscourt on his birthday
- PHOTO CREDITS – to all the local fans and official press junket!