Baby Birth / Christening Sampler Crewel Cross Stitch Kit
This modern Cross Stitch Baby Sampler makes a perfect gift to celebrate the birth of a new baby, Christening or first birthday.
Jacqui created her first modern sampler as a commission for the Royal Wedding in 2011. She wanted to create something to commemorate the event and whilst samplers have been stitched for centuries, her design added a modern twist to this old crafting tradition. The font of this chart has been designed by Jacqui and has become her signature.
30x30cm finished tapestry size
Each Crewel Wool Craft Kit Contains:
- A Printed Canvas Bag to keep your stitching in
- Colour Coded Chart
- Stitching Instruction Sheet including diagrams
- Cotton Canvas - 10hpi (holes per inch)
- 2 Ply Crewel Wool Appleton Pure English Wools - Use 2 threads to stitch with
- Two quality John James Tapestry needles - one to use and one to keep!
- Needle threader
You will need:
- Fabrics, Trims, Frame or whatever you fancy to finish off your tapestry canvas when complete
- Standard Kit with alphabet for you to use
- Standard Kit PLUS Personalised chart with your name / date added
We give you plenty of Appleton brothers 2 ply Crewel Wool. Enough to stitch with the recommended stitch technique. Our wool is 100% British Virgin Wool - and it is the same wool as used by William Morris in his heritage designs, which is bought directly from source and hand twisted into hanks in our Sussex Studio.
Copyright Jacqui Pearce - all rights reserved.